TERMS AND CONDITIONS: DR. MARTENS ‘TOUGH AS YOU’ INITIATIVE
1. We are inviting submissions to the Dr. Martens – Tough as You initiative from all residents of UK, Canada, France, Germany, Japan and USA (aged 18 or over) and/or organisations who are involved in supporting and assisting under represented communities into the music industry (“Participants”).
2. You may submit your Tough as You story in writing or by video. If you are submitting in writing, it must be in accordance with the number of characters required in the online form and if you are submitting a video, your video file size must not exceed 5GB (“Submission”). Any Submissions which do not comply with the specified number of characters or file size or that are incomplete, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatever reason will not be considered.
3. Submissions must be received by 23:59 pm on 20th May 2021 (the “Closing Date”). You can submit your story by completing the online form at: www.drmartens.com/tough-as-you-sign-up
4. If you include anyone under the age of 18 in your Submission, you are agreeing that you have parental authority (as parent/guardian) to grant the rights set out in these T&Cs.
5. You must have permission from anyone else that appears or whose name is mentioned in your Submission and they must agree to these T&Cs.
6. All accepted Submissions will be reviewed by our 3rd party agency who will compile a short list from all Submissions for Dr. Martens. The decision of the agency (acting reasonably) on the shortlisted Submissions will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. All accepted Participants will be contacted within sixty (60) days of the Closing Date to let them know whether their Submission has been successful or not.
8. By making a Submission you are agreeing that Dr. Martens can use your Submission (alongside your full name, media (image/video) and social media handle if submitted); you grant us permission to use your Submission as follows: you grant Dr. Martens an unlimited, non-exclusive, assignable, sublicenseable, perpetual, worldwide license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, archive, edit, adapt, modify and otherwise use your submission, and any aspect of it, as digital and non-digital content. The use includes for example the use of your submission on our websites and Dr. Martens social media accounts. We may exercise our rights anywhere in the world, and our licence is perpetual, meaning that it lasts forever. However, Dr. Martens shall have no obligation to use your submission. You warrant and represent that (i) the submission is your original work (you have not copied it or any part of it from elsewhere), and (ii) you either own it or have the rights to use the submission and grant us permission to use it; and (iii) it does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
9. No bulk submissions will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that Participant is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple accounts, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, fraudulently falsifying data, in the opinion of the Dr. Martens or its agencies, or is otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these Participants’ Submissions will be discounted.
10. By making a Submission, you agree to accept and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
11. As part of the Initiative, we and our 3rd party agencies collect the following personal data: name, email address, username, phone number and address, for the purposes of the Initiative but will not be used for any other purpose.
12. We reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this Initiative for whatever reason, with no liability to any Participants or third parties.
13. The application and interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.
14. Airwair International Ltd (registered company no. 03009359) whose registered office is at Cobbs Lane, Wollaston, Northamptonshire NN29 7SW (“the Promoter”) is the Promoter of this Initiative.