For Life Guarantee Terms & Conditions
From the 1st of April 2018, the For Life range was discontinued. Dr. Martens will continue to honor all existing For Life guarantees on purchases made before the 1st of April 2018 and registered within 60 days of purchase.
The guarantee applies only to the FOR LIFE boots and shoes, all of which will have the words GUARANTEED FOR LIFE on the sole.
The guarantee covers the failure of any component, such as upper leather, stitched seams, eyelets, soles, welts, linings and reinforcements which has been subjected to normal wear and tear from non-industrial abuse and not unreasonably abused.
The guarantee will be active from the day on which the original owner activates their guarantee, to the end of that person's natural life.
We reserve the right to determine whether to repair or replace the footwear. If we deem a replacement necessary, discontinued or unavailable models will be replaced with a comparable model (excluding Made in England & Collaborations).
A fee will be required per claim, to cover handling, admin, return postage and packing.
The guarantee is subject to UK & EU Law and is in addition to the owner's statutory rights.
How to Claim
- Contact Dr. Martens customer service department on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide your unique For Life guarantee code, full name and contact details as well as providing photos showing the nature of wear or fault with your boots or shoes.
- On receiving the claim, the customer service department will make an assessment to either approve or reject it.
- If approved, you need to then return the boots or shoes to the provided address. You will be responsible for all associated shipping, packaging and insurance, as well as ensuring that you obtain proof of shipping.
- Each approved claim is subject to a £20 administration fee or €30 for EU customers, to cover inspection, administration, return shipping and packaging.
- If on inspection of your For Life product, the claim is subsequently rejected, your administration fee will be refunded in full and your boots or shoes will be returned to you.
If your claim is approved we aim to have your new product back to you by secure carrier within six weeks (either from receipt of the administration fee or receipt of the product).