Frequently Asked Questions
Easy! Follow the instructions on our Returns page.
Due to global supply chain disruptions and shipping delays we are seeing shifting launch dates for new products and collaborations in the US.
Once you have added the item(s) to your cart, click on the CHECKOUT button. On the right-hand side of the page, under Subtotal, click on the text that reads PROMO CODE. Enter your code and press APPLY. Your total will be updated to display the promotional price. Please note that only one code can be applied per order, and the terms & conditions of each code may vary. Please check the terms & conditions of your promo code if you're having difficulty applying the code to your order.
The following products are excluded from all promotional codes:
- 1460 Smooth Leather Lace Up Boots (11822006)
- 1460 Women's Smooth Leather Lace Up Boots (11821006)
- 1460 Women's Pascal Virginia Leather Boots (13512006)
- 1460 Bex Smooth Leather Platform Boots (25345001)
- 1460 Vintage Made In England Lace Up Boots (12308001)
- 1461 Smooth Leather Oxford Shoes (11838002)
- 1461 Women's Smooth Leather Oxford Shoes (11837002)
- 1461 Bex Smooth Leather Oxford Shoes (21084001)
- 1461 Smooth Leather Platform Shoes (25567001)
- 1461 Vintage Made In England Oxford Shoes (12877001)
- 2976 Smooth Leather Chelsea Boots (11853001)
- 2976 Women's Smooth Leather Chelsea Boots (26695001)
- 2976 Yellow Stitch Smooth Leather Chelsea Boots (22227001)
- 2976 Bex Smooth Leather Chelsea Boots (26205001)
- 2976 Polished Smooth Platform Chelsea Boots (24687001)
- 8065 Smooth Leather Mary Jane Shoes (12916001)
- Adrian Smooth Leather Tassle Loafers (24369001)
- Adrian Leather Platform Tassle Loafers (27989001)
- Sinclair Women's Leather Platform Boots (22564001)
- Jadon Smooth Leather Platform Boots (15265001)
- Sale Items
- eGift Cards
- Gift Cards
We do not offer free returns. We will provide you with a UPS return shipping label via email. The cost of this shipping label ($7) will be deducted from the amount that would be refunded to you.
Unfortunately, our retail stores are unable to accept returns or exchanges for online store purchases.
We only offer whole sizes. If you are a half size, we recommend you order the next size down as our footwear can run large. If that seems too big, we suggest trying an insole or thicker sock. However, all shoe sizes may vary slightly depending on the make and construction.
Orders are immediately sent to our warehouse for processing. Once an order is placed, we are unable to cancel or change your order. Please make sure you're happy with everything before you confirm your order at the checkout page.
There are many benefits to an account, such as:
- View your order history
- View the status of your recent orders
- View tracking details for your shipped orders
- Re-print invoices
- Save and edit address and contact details for quick and easy checkout (please note that this will not apply retroactively to orders already placed)
- Take advantage of discounts and promotions if you are signed up to our newsletter
Yes, Dr. Martens does collect sales tax in states that require online retailers to collect sales tax on orders shipped into that state.
The tax rate applied will be based on the type of item purchased and will be the combined state and local rate for the address to which your order is shipped.
There are a few reasons why your card didn't go through. Most often, the billing address provided does not match the "Master Address" that your issuing bank has on file.
If your billing address is correct and the transaction still isn't going through, please call us at 800-810-6673. Our customer service team will be able to diagnose the problem and provide a solution.
In the event of a declined transaction, you may see pending charges on your account. These are authorization holds placed by your bank when the transaction is attempted; money has not been removed from your account. Authorization holds typically take about 1-2 business days to clear, however this timeline is dependent on your issuing bank. This process can often be expedited by contacting your bank.
Unfortunately, no. However, you will receive an order confirmation via email, as well as tracking information once the order ships. If you aren’t receiving these emails, it may be that you have entered an invalid email address or that your email provider is filtering them into a spam / junk mail folder.
If you haven't received these emails, please contact our Customer Service team.
You may have checked out as a Guest and created an account afterwards. In this case, the order will unfortunately not show in your account. If you have received an order confirmation number and provided an email address, you will receive email updates on the status of your order. If you have not received an order number, please contact our Customer Service team, as your order may have been declined.
Please visit our Afterpay FAQ page for more information.
Please visit our Klarna FAQ page for more information.
Please visit our Apple Pay FAQ page for more information.
Unfortunately, once an order has been confirmed and placed, we are not able to link a guest purchase with a user account.
All you need to do is click SIGN IN / REGISTER at the top right of the homepage (or follow the registration instructions on the checkout page), fill in the new customer details and create a password.
You will need to contact our Customer Service team with the following details:
- Full name (on account)
- Full billing address
- Registered email address
Completely secure. Dr. Martens eCommerce is committed to protecting the security and privacy of your information. For details on the security of your transactions please see our Privacy page.
You can subscribe to our newsletter by submitting your email address in the “Sign up for gigs and sales” section at the bottom of our homepage, or by using the homepage pop-up that will appear when you enter our site for the first time. Alternatively, you can opt to receive our newsletter when creating an account.
If you would like to stop receiving newsletters from us, you may unsubscribe through the links at the bottom of any of our newsletter emails.
You can change your account information by clicking on SIGN IN / REGISTER at the top right of the homepage and entering your login information. Click the text that says "Welcome" at the top right of the page. Here you can update your:
- Email address
- Billing / shipping information
Don’t worry! You can use the Forgotten Password form on our SIGN IN / REGISTER page. Enter your email address and click “send email”; we’ll send you an email with a link so that you can reset your password. This link will expire after 30 minutes.
If you are still unable to access your account, please contact our Customer Service team.